Monastery of St. John the Baptist, after the floods in the summer of 1941, Marshal Ion Antonescu built a new village on the Arges Valley, called Antonesti.
Antonesti church building began in 1943 on land donated by George Erbasu.
But the church remains unfinished because towards the establishment in Romania, after 23 August 1944, the new atheist regime.
The care and Muscel Arges Ips Calinic of the church is the monastery in 1995. Sanctuary was consecrated on 24 June 2004.
Located on the spur-city Poienari Caprisoara mountain at an altitude of 850 meters, protected by steep slopes, city guards Poienari centuries into the Arges gorge.
Following archaeological research has determined that it was built in the late thirteenth century, before the reign of Vlad the Impaler and made part of a strategic plan to defend the northern Wallachian border, along with other cities: Lotru, Stoenesti, etc. . Vlad Tepes, called Dracula, the city rebuilt and strengthened.
The defense walls are 2-3 meters thick. Entry into the city was made under the stone tower on a bridge. Once up this bridge, the city became completely isolated.
Access to the city is climbing the 1,480 steps in a beech forest. Reached the top of the mountain, guests will enjoy a city view impressive, which will not be forgotten.
The dam and lake-Lake Vidraru accumulation was founded in 1966 Vidraru and is located on the river, on an area of 28 km length.
Vidraru Dam was at the time of inauguration, the fifth in Europe and ninth in the world among similar buildings. Its construction lasted five and a half years and relies on the slopes and Vidraru Pleasa. Maximum water depth is 155 m high dam near 166 m.
(Translated by Google Translate)
- Nature Reserves
- Churches and monasteries