- Sighisoara Medieval fortress with
- Gorge valley and surrounding mountain areas Mures microstatiunile Rastolita climate and Tree Meadow
- Lapusna hunting area
- Famous spa Sovata, situated in the foothills Gurghiu that provides highly efficient curative factors for a large number of diseases
- Sāngeorgiu local resorts of Mures, with salt water, mud, water and chlorides, and Lower Ideciul with salty water.
- Targu-Mures Medieval Castle
By tradition, the city became the location of the reference cultural events. This celebration takes place "Targumuresene Days" event that brings together over 80,000 participants annually. Throughout the year, all fortress hosts "Beer Festival", "Celebration of Wine and grape", "Children's Town" and other events of interest to the townspeople. Targu Mures City Hall recently initiated a project for conservation and recovery of the whole monument. The feasibility study proposes preservation and rehabilitation of the architectural point of view of existing buildings. Refurbished, they will have social destinations, cultural, tourism, trade and catering.
- Plateau Cornesti
Located at the highest rate of the city, a wide open plateau and river valley view over the city Mures. The main attraction here is the zoo, divided into five sections: Primates, tropical house, carnivores, herbivores and birds. The second in the country, in scope and variety of species, the Zoo is located at 488 m altitude, above the Black Sea and 170 m above the city, surrounded by a vast forest of oak and hornbeam, called the Great Forest. Nature lovers and hiking can follow here numerous mini - trails.
(Translated by Google Translate)
Attractions and activities in the surrounding area:
- Nature Reserves
- Museums and galleries
- Artistic and historical sites
- Churches and monasteries
Sport and activities in the surrounding area:
- Mountain bike