Saturday the Upper Monastery is represented by a monastic monks, situated on the river Saturday, the Fagaras Mountains. It was first mentioned in 1654, when the village Saturday to take possession of Preda Top Brancoveanu.
Initially, here there is a wooden church dedicated to double (Assumption and Healing Spring), built in 1657. Later, between 1696-1707, the initiative Constantin Brancoveanu, was built for the monks hermits built a church in the area.
Fagaras Fortress was first attested in 1455, although construction work begun in the late fourteenth century, the place of the twelfth and thirteenth-century fortifications.
Representative of the Renaissance, the city is based on Transylvanian Gothic imprint.
Since 1526 was led by Prince of Transylvania, Stephen Mailath, for 15 years. In 1599 he obtained possession of Prince Michael the Brave, which was housed here with his family during fighting in 1599-1600. Also, the fortress was used as a residence for principles Transylvania, Transylvanian Diet operating here.
Deteriorated while being used as prisons (1948-1960), where political prisoners were incarcerated.
After 1965, work began inside the city planning a museum, opened today.
(Translated with Google Translate)
- Vegetarian Menus
- Children's menu
- Local cuisine
- Menu with farm products
- Hydro massage
- Sauna / turkish bath
- Heated swimming pool
- Theme Parks and Water Parks
- Museums and galleries
- Artistic and historical sites
- Churches and monasteries
- Bird watching
- Horse riding